Monday, February 9, 2015

Us - Week 5


Week 5 included surviving the end of Ryan's 7 day trip to France. Whew. We are praying that is the last trip to France he needs to take for that project. He flew in SuperBowl Sunday night so our plans to host a Super Bowl party were, well, jet lagged so we were not able to host or even attend any parties. I was DONE with the week by then so our dinner a.k.a super bowl treats were popcorn (slightly burnt), grapes, one cookie and a gummy vitamin. Stellar. 
My projects during this France trip included getting my consignment stuff out and sorted, a dress up chest for Jenna (still in progress) and my Grandma's old side table. This was my first attempt at chalk paint. The paint part was easy as everyone says, but the "glazing" / distressing was not as easy. I'm still not 100% sold I'll keep it this way, but for now...voila. 

I love me a good, seasonal mantle. It is my therapy. And this particular day, I had a pretty good session. 
We have recently introduced a chart that can show the kids consequences and rewards of their choices and behaviors. I got too confused with what I had told which kid with the constant "parenting." With Ryan being gone a lot, I needed the accountability too. Anyway, one reward we have introduced is the Wii. Remember that thing? I am SO GLAD we didn't ditch it when the next thing came along because, people....two four year olds playing the Wii is awesome. Caden triple bogeys every golf game. Jenna can get a strike like it is nothing in bowling and the baseball looks like a tomahawk dance. Totally awesome. 
I have declared 2015 as the year of the "great Kc slim down." I've only tried once since I was done having babies and nursing babies. I did really great last year until I got injured, got the flu, had my parental mental breakdown and my husband started traveling all of the time. :) All that led to the end of the year still feeling icky and gross about my looks, body image and confidence. I'm serious about it this year...my proof? I cut coffee. People of earth, I cut coffee. I was drinking 1-2 cups a day just to SURVIVE and I was still needing to lay down for just a few minutes each nap time. That and the fact my kidneys don't handle caffeine too well...it was just time to stop the addiction. The first week of January I cut it and thought I was on my way to Heaven. Dying. Horrible headaches, body aches, so weak I couldn't pick Easton up one afternoon....oh my. It has gradually gotten better. I give myself a cheat day on Sunday to sip on my coffee at church (or anytime Ryan goes to Jubala, I automatically get a cheat decaf Vanilla Latte). :) After I had energy to function, I started my workouts again. It is so hard to push yourself working out when your tired and hungry, but I'm sticking with it. Results will come. January was my lifestyle adjustment month. I'm eating MUCH less and MUCH healthier and cleaner. It involves me making 2, sometimes 3 different dinners (You know I have to substitute chicken for Ryan on any type of seafood my dinner has ), but enough is enough. Jenna girl snapped the chaos of my trying to better myself. Having a kid crawl under your plank is a sure way to not drop your knees....it is also a nice "excuse" to lift up a bit and not be so low :) hehe 
What to do when you can't find any pillows you like for the price you like? Make your own! Bought some cheap pillows off craigslist (after making sure they were FIRM and good quality), got some sale fabric online and went and broke in my mom's new sewing machine. Voila! 

No comments:

Post a Comment