Week 7 could be summarized by: Snowy Valentines Week!
Cupid Gigi came by and brought the kids heart shaped Bo-Berry biscuits from Bo's. I cheated and had one too. ahhhh Then she passed out her Valentines to the kids - books for each of them. Eastons book was one of those self-recorded books...I hear Gigi all day long..she is everywhere! :)
Please comment and tell me someone who reads this grew up getting a Valentine and Easter basket!?! Ryan thinks I'm nuts.... I mean what kind of childhood is one with no Valentine or Easter basket? I'm kidding...we are spoiled rotten and I know that, but to make your child smile...good for the soul, right? Anyway, Jenna has been asking for an Elsa dress for 14 years. Thanks to Amazon having a "snow queen" dress on clearance....her wish was finally granted. The boys got new Thomas Trains and equally thought they had won the lottery.
We also planned our 2nd annual Valentine party with our sweet neighbors. We made yummy pretzel chocolatey things and decorated heart hats we made. I didn't get any pictures of the entire party! boo. The kids have declared it a must each year so I guess we will take a rain check and post about it next year.
We had to wear our coordinating Valentine attire to Church Sunday. I just had to....sorry, not sorry.
Our first "winter event" came through NC this week. Sheer panic ensued of course. I took this picture to show the true difference in North vs South. So funny! An advisory for snow already on the ground (for weeks by the way) vs a full out warning for "possible snow" and almost 30 degrees. hehehe chuckle.
It ended up being mostly ice, but the kids enjoyed seeing the few minutes of snow come down. They were too young to stay interested in the snow in Ohio or else they would have never left the windows up there.
What is it about snow that makes you want to bake and eat? I cheated from my eating plan and made this amazing soup. It is from scratch (didn't know those words were in my vocabulary, did you?) Tomato Soup with Thyme Grilled Cheese croutons/strips. YUM. YUM. YUM. Most snow pics for another day.
Wednesday, February 18, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment