Monday, January 27, 2014

The first big performance

 
I attend a wonderful all-women's bible study at my church during the week. They have a really organized, great program for the "little lambs" -the kids- while the moms can take a 2hr break in the crazy life of raising kids and learn more about Jesus and refresh our soul! Back in November, prior to dismissing for the remainder of the year  for the Holidays, the Children's workers put together a little program for all of the women who attend the Bible Study. I didn't think the twins were old enough to participate, but I found out that they had been practicing and would be in the program. I was stoked! It would be their first "organized" program peformance. They are some of the youngest in their class which made them two of the far, far youngest of all the children on stage. And....let's just go ahead and say it - they are short - so that  landed them a spot right smack dab in the front of the stage. Perfect for mommy's camera, right? Oh man, little did I know what I would capture.
 
From here on out, there really are no words so, enjoy. 
 
Caden's mouth contortions quickly became the least of my attention...
 
Oh man, now Caden is going for whole face contortions. Meanwhile, I"m starting to sweat thinking about what Jenna's next move might be.

Fish Face and all I could think about was how thankful I was I put tights on Jenna that morning.

Pulled an eyelid and Jenna is ramping up her Jane Fonda.

You know, just for additional context of the situation...
They never uttered a syllable! Never clapped a beat - nothing. It was the most amazing thing I have seen. I LOVED it. I was laughing so hard I could have cried, but I had to hold a steady hand to snap pictures of  course! It was shocking to see them at -20% participation level because all they do at home is sing and dance! In fact, later that evening, I was showing Ryan the video and they proceed to sing every word and do every motion. Really???? To me, it just adds to the awesomeness of whatever happened in their little minds to decide to not only refuse participation, but just make themselves at home and wait for it to be over! Little rascals...I love 'em! :)

3 comments:

  1. I am sitting here laughing out loud at this. This is right up there with the Peru piñata in hilariousness. Love your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have seen this! How do you remember to go back and blog about things?

    ReplyDelete