Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pre-Christmas Highlights

We had a wonderful Christmas this year. It was so wonderful and exciting to see Christmas through the twins' eyes this year. Everything was magical and new and exciting. Everything! It was also wonderful being settled in our home this year and starting traditions we hope to continue in this house for years and years down the road. One of those traditions was going to see the two houses with crazy lights that everyone seems to drive by during the month of December. We even brought the twins one Christmas prior to moving to Ohio - we never imagined we would be back in 2 years and live right down the street from them! The kids (Easton included) LOVE it. We had several warm days in December so we would pack up the kids and go walk over to the houses. We got to meet each of the home owners and hear some of the history behind what makes them go to such lengths year after year. Ryan had to travel out of town twice in December and I am not ashamed to say I packed up those kids and drove by the houses too many times to count just to help the evening pass by quicker. 
 
 



We also took Aunt Rha-Rha by one time because I'm pretty sure she is part American/part Elf.



This is "mommy's tree." No kid can touch it. And the date stamp on this picture is November 18th. Earliest I have EVER put up a tree, almost again my own conscience but the twins were SO excited to see tree's and lights up at stores and other houses, I *really* did it for them. ;)

The layout of our house gave us the opportunity to put up two trees that we recycled from my parents attic :) This is the kids "tacky" tree- it basically has all of my ornaments from growing up and all of the new ones we are accumulating. My mom, Aunt and I all give the kids an ornament each year. Multiply that times 3 kids and we already have a tree full!

Hark the herald angels sing! This will always be a favorite of mine during Christmas.

We broke out the gingerbread kit and went to town one night after Easton was in bed. Not much to look at and oh the mess! But a fun tradition to start nonetheless.


 
 
We started another tradition a few years ago with some of our dearest friends. The brunch turned into a dinner this year but we still were able to spend some time together with ALL of the kids before we all began traveling for the Holidays. So special. 

All of these cuties are within a year of each other

Easton eating with the men folks because lets face it...he eats as much as a grown man.


 
Christmas miracle - all of the children seated and looking in the same general direction!
 
My friend from college hosted a Birthday party for Jesus one night. Ryan was traveling for work so it was a way to make the afternoon/evening pass faster, reinforce the true meaning of Christmas to the kids and mommy got to talk to adults for a few hours....sooooo we packed up and hauled down to the party - yes! 




We tried our hand at making our own hand print ornaments one morning during Easton's nap. Only problem is that I never did Easton's hand - his ornament is still in the cabinet. oops


Our church asked us to do the advent reading and light the candle one morning. That meant they wanted me and Ryan on stage to read a passage of scripture and light a candle with 3 kids three and under. I was sweating a bit - especially after the twins' performance at their fall concert. We got there early, practiced and promised everything except the sun to the twins if they stood still for 3 minutes! I'm happy to say they did great, Easton was his calm self, the candle lit and Ryan didn't drop his Bible. Success!



My awesome chalkboard my sister did for me. It still looks like this - I can't bear to erase it.

Yes, the entire Christmas Eve at Mema and Pape's, this is the only picture I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment