Sunday, March 3, 2013

Practice makes Perfect

LOVE this memory with my twins. When Easton came along, I knew the time would come when I was out by myself with the three of them. Two toddlers and a newborn cooooould get tricky in parking lots. So I read in a book (Loving the Little Years) how it was important to practice traits and "rules" you would like to see implemented with your kids before the time comes to actually put them into practice. In other words, don't set them up to fail with unrealistic expectations in training your child. Anyway, I started having the twins hold hands around the house to practice when we are out in a parking lot, crossing a road, or whatever. I'm so proud of my littles - they have done GREAT every time! If Easton is in the stroller, they each hold the side of the stroller and "help" me push the stroller. If I'm holding E in the carseat, the twins hold hands and I hold onto one of them to start the chain and keep us all together.

I know the day will come for rebellion, but for our start - the twins get an A+!

On this day, we practiced going down stairs holding hands and it came close to melting my heart!!!




It was so much fun this day, they just kept holding hands all around the house!
 
 
(Disclaimer: this is not the state of our playtime every day. We have a normal amount, and at times DOUBLE the amount, of toddler temper tantrums. But I am thankful and try, try, try to recognize and praise the precious moments)

No comments:

Post a Comment