Friday, February 15, 2013

Looooove Day

Oh my goodness, what a week. I have been spoiled rotten by my Valentine! I had an entire morning to sit and think (more on that below!!) and was so blessed, convicted and humored by the irony between this Valentines Day and last year's Valentines Day. Last year, we had just come home from our "scouting" trip up here in Ohio...the twins were SO.SUPER.SICK, then I got it and was sooo sick and after we came home from our trip, Ryan got sick. We were in the middle of showings to sell our house in Raleigh, constantly thinking about our decision to move up here or not....little time for Valentines Day celebrations! Oh wow.

But THIS YEAR...Ryan did.it.up.  The night before, he gave in to my asking for some chocolate. Of course I didn't know what he had for me the next morning, but he went out and got me a chocolate ganache mini cake from non-other than good ole' Giant Eagle...YUM!



He started surprising me Valentine's morning by "leaving for work" then reappearing a few minutes later. That early in the morning is not the time to mess with my mind - it is way to fragile these days :) Anyway, he had my favorite coffee from Starbucks and bagel from Panera, chocolate from Trader Joe's and flowers. Fantastic way to start the day! Then he said my other present was him! He took off work to help with kids. ahhhhh this.is.perfect.



Then, bless his heart, he told me the "situation." I had agreed to keep a friends little girl while she went to an appointment and hadn't told him until the night before. Why would he take off work? Never crossed my mind, so I didn't bring it up. oops. Anyway, he had arranged a morning at the SPA for me! oh yippee. I called my friend and told her about the "situation" to which she quickly let me know it was no problem to take her little girl with her. Awesome. I promised to make it up by keeping her daughter for her to go out on a date with her hubs. So off to the spa I went! Massage, Pedicure, chocolate covered strawberries, sugar scrubs, quiet, relaxation room, whatever I wanted to drink or snack on.... It was marvelous and one of the best spa experiences I've ever had.

 


He is such a sweet Valentine to our kids too - he got them balloons (their FAVORITE!) to play with (which they did all day!)


After a whole day out to myself, eating lunch wherever I wanted, walking through Hobby Lobby coveting most things I saw, not listening to Thomas the train dvd in the car....I came home. We had boring, dried out leftovers because I left the house so quick in the morning, I didn't set anything out for dinner. oops :) After dinner we made strawberry marshmallow's with the kids. They loved it and actually didn't make a mess!


 


 

 
 And then to add to the sweetness of the day....oh my, I can't handle him!  
 


 

 
What a wonderful day - I was spoiled rotten by my sweetheart. Love him dearly! And to top off the week, we get to go on a DATE tonight after the kids go down. Whaaaat???

1 comment: