Monday, August 1, 2011

A Baby-less Weekend!




Yep! This mama had her first real time away from her babies this past weekend. Every year, a very special group of friends and I find time to go away on a little trip. After I had the twins, the big question was raised: would we have to skip our Outing 2011? Answer: NO! Things were made much easier by the fact that I'm not nursing anymore. Ryan was so gracious and supportive of me getting out of town that I didn't worry a bit! I made sure we were stocked, had clean clothes, laid out clothes(complete with sticky notes) and a food cheat-sheet, then I hit the road! We decided to go to the beach and have a low-key weekend. Jenn and I left our babies for the first time, MB and Jess with-stood the heat being very pregnant and Caitlin left her two four-legged babies to meow and search around the house for her and her husband to cook for himself. haha:)

We had so much fun! I ate more this past weekend than I have the past month for sure. How nice to sit down and just eat! It was nice to sit down and finish a conversation too:) AND what a treat to speak in Adult-voice all weekend!

Our trip started with a bang by trying out a new restaurant thoroughly approved by Caitlin. Then we arrived to the beach house to find...yep, that's a bullet hole! We had fun analyzing the new police officer straight out of high school who came to investigate (They say it was just kids being foolish / accident). Then we threw Jessica a "Pink" Shower since she is expecting her 2nd child / 1st little girl! We made a fondue platter that puts Melting Pot to shame. We enjoyed Caitlin's homemade cinnamon rolls, shopping around Southport, trying out new restaurants, watching movies in the middle of the day, playing and walking on the beach.








Here are the two soon-to-be-mama's


The other girls have better pictures...but wanted to share this, thank the girls for a good time and most importantly thank my loving, awesome husband for taking on the twins for a weekend!


2 comments:

  1. I loved my time with you gals and I loved "making memories". I too am thankful for you gals and for DW. :)

    ReplyDelete