Monday, August 22, 2011

A Fun Weekend


We had such a fun weekend that it deserves its own post! The twins' 10 month post is too intimidating for me right now so I'll just put it off. ha.

It started with a fun Friday-Outing with Aunt Robin. We went to a new local park near our house, Strickland Road Park, and decided to introduce the twins to SWINGS. Folks...they loved it. It is now my mission to find a way to get them swings at our house in our backyard someway! They giggled and squealed the entire time...it was awesome.

Outside + Swinging = a Happy Caden



Hey Brother, isn't this awesome!? I see you!



Woop Woop, this is crazy fun!




I told Ryan part of the reason I like seeing them swing is because they look so little to me again. Love it!




We even got a little crazy and decided to try out the slides. Turns out you dont go as fast and curve as easily when your wider than a 12 yr old. ha!



Then, thanks to our awesome friends, Liz and Matt, we were able to go out on a....gasp, date. We went to Papa Mojo's in Durham (fantastic!) and then we went to go see a movie...The Help (fantastic as well!). A great night! No pictures since I left my camera, again. I promise we have gone out on a date, I just have no proof to show for it. I forget my camera every time. :(

Saturday the kids slept til 8 am...thank you Lord! We had so much fun the day before, and I was talking about it so much, that we decided to take Daddy to the park. So back we went and again they squealed and had the best time! That night, we went over to see Mema, Pape and Aunt Jenny. The twins went bonkers for about 5 minutes at first: new place? new faces? Whatever the reason, they calmed down and played and smiled and posed for the cameras the right of the night. We had such a good time and got some adorable, sweet pictures!









Sunday was a great day at Church. The kids looked too cute for me to pass up a picture and my Lantana in our flower bed is HUGE! It looks like it should be entered in the state fair competition. I tried to get a picture in front of it with my babies, but gave up quickly. All the kids wanted to do was look at Snuggle, and Ryan was sweating profusely. :) We had lunch out on the deck and enjoyed a lazy day that ended with some spontaneous deliciousness! Nutella Cupcakes thanks to my new favorite me-time activity: Pinterest. (Thanks Tara!). YYYUUUUUMMMMM








Now it is Monday morning and as of 8:30, I've changed 4 poop diapers. Happy Monday!



4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect weekend! Swings sound like a great birthday present for the twins too! :) Can't wait to see you soon! Thanks for all the postings. We love keeping up with the twins! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend. And girl those cupcakes look divine! Glad you are enjoying Nutella and Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful family pictures and it looks like C &J had a blast at the park. And how in the world did I not know about these nutella cupcakes?!? I need the recipe STAT!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cupcakes look amazing!! My mouth is still watering for them even after you mentioned the poopy diapers :) Some days I look at the clock and realize that no one has had breakfast, but everyone has managed to poop. Thus life with kiddos!

    ReplyDelete