Sunday, August 28, 2011

Surviving the Week


I just had to put that post title up after all of the talk of "Surviving" this week! Surviving the earthquake, surviving the hurricane and surviving a weekend without Ryan. ha! Yes, we felt the earthquake...but it hit right during feeding time for the twins. I noticed their bowl shaking and moving across our glass table...but thought it was the rock quarry we live near, then it didn't stop so I thought it was the garbage truck for trash day...it still didn't stop but by then, the twins were screaming for food so I didn't care what it was! Then the information world exploded with news of the Earthquake.

Then, we had lots of hype around Hurricane Irene. Of COURSE, this is the weekend that Ryan is scheduled to go out of town to Kentucky. It's funny when you are used to dealing with infant twins what does NOT concern you anymore. ha! The only thing I was uneasy about was the potential to be stuck inside all weekend due to crummy weather. Well, I'm happy to report that we faced Irene with fearless confidence! haha We actually had a wonderful weekend...it was full of moments I'll remember for a long time.

We started with a fun playdate with our bud Maddox. He was born right around the twins' 40 week due date, so they are a month apart. We had the best time playing with his toys and trying out his new jumper! Too bad neither mommy got any pictures :( Then we had a bit of a rough afternoon with both twins wanting to be held all afternoon. I have no idea what that was about! They had a super fun night playing with toys in nothing but their diapers! For some reason, the twins loved it and giggled and chuckled much more than usual. Caden would look down at his bare, white belly and pat it with his hand then look up and laugh. I made some Nutella Cookies while they played. They took their bottles great and went right down on Friday night. I got alot done for the big 1st Birthday Party, then I stayed up a bit just for a chance to watch the news and see the latest on Irene and what to expect overnight. Seemed to be no biggie so I jumped in bed ready for a good nights sleep! Well, imagine my elation when I looked at the clock and it was 8:30 am!!!and the twins were still asleep! oh my....what a gift! I ended up going in and waking them up at 9am where we started our stormy day. It was just drizzly and windy so I put the baby gate up and we watched the trees move from the wind on the front porch! They loved it! You know how Caden gets in his outdoor trances so he was in Heaven!

Yes, love Jenna's rockin' outfit. I had to put shoes on her so she didn't scuff her little toes!



Snuggle wanted to watch the wind with us too!



Caden was way overstimulated with all of the movement outside! And yes, the wind kept blowing over the babygate so I just gave up on it.



We played with our new wagon from Cousin Jamie and took turns wheeling around and around the downstairs. This picture and video is for you, Cousin Jamie!



Caden in the Wagon from Casey Little on Vimeo.


We went to our friends' open house (they live right down the road from us) so that was a good break to get out of the house and let other people hold the twins. Then Nana, Papa, Uncle Brent and Aunt Courtney came over and the party began! After their night bottle, Jenna magically turns into a snuggler which allowed me to get these sweet shots with Aunt Courtney and Uncle Brent. Caden was getting loved on by Papa and Nana in another corner.




We survived our time without Ryan no problem! (That doesn't meant we didn't miss Daddy!) The twins are in such a good rhythm that our days are really quite enjoyable and fun. Dare I tempt fate and say we have declared victory over reflux!? We are on day 2 of no medicine! We can see such a difference in Caden's personality and contentment. Thank you Lord for the victory! whew! All in all, another great weekend in the books!


4 comments:

  1. Yay! Sounds like it was a great weekend :) We lost power, so we spent alot of time on the front porch too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun times! Cute pictures... but then, all the pictures of your babies are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!!!! I just can't believe how they are changing and developing into such quick "and fun" stages. I knew your babies would love that little wagon, and don't you just LOVE all those circles riding them around in the house?? :-) It is worth it for smiles, happy and content babies. You're a great mom Casey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you go girl! It was a week indeed. Love seeing all those smiles and I can't tell you how excited I am to see Snuggle reunited with the family again. (JD kept asking about him the other day). Hopefully Snug will continue to behave himself.

    ReplyDelete