I get alot of questions asking what I do with the twins while they are awake.
The answer is: anything I can think of that involves both of them!
I'm taking advantage of the time they are not mobile, so I put them together, in the same room, doing the same thing when I can. :) I always try to rotate their awake time to do different things...i.e. on the floor under the activity mat, in their bouncy seat, in their crib with the mobile on, on the floor stretching and kicking, bumbo seats, tummy time etc... I think soon we will introduce the exer-saucer...Caden is ready to jump! Now that it is getting warmer, we have started going on walks more and more around the neighborhood and the Lake!
Now, this doesn't mean that they both enjoy that particular activity at the time, so sometimes they get split up and the fussy baby goes to the next thing, but for the most part they are content and do well until we close that cycle with their nap. I try to stay involved with them and play, talk, coo and interact with them while they are awake. Then I run around like crazy while they are napping trying to get stuff done! :)
Here is what we do when we are sick and cranky:
The answer is: anything I can think of that involves both of them!
I'm taking advantage of the time they are not mobile, so I put them together, in the same room, doing the same thing when I can. :) I always try to rotate their awake time to do different things...i.e. on the floor under the activity mat, in their bouncy seat, in their crib with the mobile on, on the floor stretching and kicking, bumbo seats, tummy time etc... I think soon we will introduce the exer-saucer...Caden is ready to jump! Now that it is getting warmer, we have started going on walks more and more around the neighborhood and the Lake!
Now, this doesn't mean that they both enjoy that particular activity at the time, so sometimes they get split up and the fussy baby goes to the next thing, but for the most part they are content and do well until we close that cycle with their nap. I try to stay involved with them and play, talk, coo and interact with them while they are awake. Then I run around like crazy while they are napping trying to get stuff done! :)
Here is what we do when we are sick and cranky:
Sick Day Activity from Casey Little on Vimeo.
Here we are enjoying our bumbo seats: (this was taken the first time we tried them out...about month ago)
Bumbo Seats from Casey Little on Vimeo.
and here we are enjoying our playmat. I think I have two future runners like Mommy and Daddy the way they are moving those legs! Also....I captured the most adorable moments of them holding each others hand! Yes, it was inadvertent, but the most precious thing EVER!
Holding Hands from Casey Little on Vimeo.
and here is our newest activity now that we have discovered BALLOONS! This is cute. Enjoy:
Valentine's Day Balloons from Casey Little on Vimeo.
You are a twin mommy pro! Yep, "centers" with twins are your friend and keeping them doing the same thing will help! And just like you, naptimes are my "run around like crazy and get things done" time!!! Cute, cute videos too!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you're stay busy just trying to keep the activities rolling. Love the fan and balloon strategy! You're such a great mom and sounds like you've got the rhythm going of your days. Can't believe how they're grown. I miss them so much... must.get.there.soon!
ReplyDelete