So I follow a blog of a mama of five (FIVE), including triplet boys. She recently posted an idea that is genius to me! The idea is to post a quick snapshot of your week...quick, no big write up, not that much brain power required. That is my cup of soup right now. Love it. So here goes! Week 1 is all cell phone pics so not the best quality, but nonetheless....
The first week of 2015 was spent at the beach as we always do. I love getting away from hustle, bustle, traffic, "to-do's", all of it! And I just really love the beach. :)
We found a few boxes of sparklers so we went out to celebrate the New Year. Mr. Safety (Caden) was sure to keep his arms perfectly perpendicular to his body, Easton wanted to hold it himself and Jenna was a dancing fairy with no reservations. :)

Aunt Rha Rha and Uncle Brad got the kids a stomp rocket for Christmas. It is super fun for children and adults! It took all the kids 2 minutes to figure out the running start / jump combo produced the biggest blast offs. As a result, there is a rocket, a broom handle and a little bouncy ball in the tree branches down at the beach house. oops.

No beach trip is complete without a wagon ride around the block with Papa T.

I made homemade salted caramel sauce for our neighbors for Christmas this year. SCORE! Amazing. Yum. I gave some to my mom and sister only after making them promise to bring it to the beach for our gluttonous snacking binge. I then made my friends' homemade pound cake recipe. I could lick the screen right now looking at the picture. SO GOOD.

Papa T also always brings his PVC pipe (??) to the beach to draw objects, names, and a maze for the kids to follow. For some reason it is the best thing ever to the kids. They love it!
I love the beach and I love this boy. He said "we at the beach" 1,456 times.
And just because this picture is blog worthy any day of the week. Listen to the silence!

My pantry is in need of help...serious help. I have so many bottles of ketchup because I can't find the one we have, think we are out and buy another one at the grocery store....over and over! So, it ALL came out. I have a plan to get it organized, but as with everything else it takes me 6 weeks to get any small task done.

And to end the week on a bit of a sad note, my sweet Mama Peggy died after a long lung illness. She was my "adopted" grandmother who took care of me and my sister when we were little, kept my mom from dropping us off at a Fire Station for free and gave us wonderful childhood memories. More on Ms Peggy later, but tonight at the visitation it was obvious many, many people will miss her like I will.



:) Fun stuff!
ReplyDeleteI currently have 4,000 bottles of syrup because I thought we were out and bought one... and brought two home from the beach (unbeknownst to me), and had an almost full one and a half full one at home. What in the deep world?
Anyway, I hear ya on the ketchup thing. We're getting set to redo out kitchen, and I'm excited about that, but I'm also really excited about cleaning out my cabinets and starting over! It'll be like moving.... but just for my kitchen.
You show your organizational genius when your done!
Delete