So, last year we had the twin's 3 yr birthday party and Easton's 1 yr birthday party within two weeks of each other. My baby was going to get his own special first birthday party, but I basically knew the moment I started planning that from there on out, the kids would be having a combined party. That is what happens when your birthdays are 2 weeks apart during an insanely busy time of year. :) They do everything together anyway - might as well party together, too!
That brings us to this year. When I asked the twins what they wanted at their birthday party, Caden immediately replied "trains" and Jenna immediately replied "princess." Lucky for them I follow a blog of a mom who has quadruplets (3 boys/1 girl) and she had thrown a Trains and Tiaras party. Perfect! At times like this, you have to love the internet and gleaning off others creativity. I took a few ideas here, a few ideas there, got super lucky the Dollar Store is carrying Disney princess party stuff right now and used the 497 trains we have laying around this house to throw together a party.
Ryan was gone most of the week for work and a dear friend's son (2 years old) was hospitalized with serious complications. That combination plus the fact that I am soooo miserably tired these days meant the party was down a few notches from the usual. But seeing my friends journey up close and seeing my three children run around healthy and happy and at home made that "party" enough for me. I still love throwing a serious party for my babies, it is just something I always will have in me. It is a serious reflecting time for me that they are here and call me "mom." So many prayers and tears were cried for them to be here so you better believe I make a big deal of their birthday.
Special thanks to my sister again - without her most of my life would be documented in a blurry cell phone picture. :)
 |
| choo choo! |
 |
| Hallelujah for Dollar Store princess gear |
 |
| The girls had their own princess room to dine in |
 |
| Whole Food cake didn't happen. Tragedy. Thank goodness I have an extra Thomas or twelve to throw on a cookie cake! |
 |
| Thank you Pinterest, my first successful birthday "cake" homemade. |
 |
| Princess Drama of course had to wear her new yard sale princess dress. |
 |
| I just love this picture. Deep conversation about something with those two. |
 |
| Candy-necklace making station |
 |
| These two together are TROUBLE |
 |
| I printed lots of Thomas and Princess coloring sheets. Papa T (my dad) was so excited. :) |
 |
| Trying to make his move |
 |
| killed it. |
 |
| Easton showing everyone his new Thomas pillow. He bear hugs that thing every night as he falls asleep. Adorable! |
 |
| My two four year olds and one two year old. Yes, it will mess with your brain, read slowly. And yes, Jenna had a wardrobe change. |
No comments:
Post a Comment