So, Mothers Day is tomorrow and while I cherish this holiday so much more than many other holidays, it also still brings a little sting with it. Each Mothers Day (sheesh, every day really) reminds me of God's sovereignty in my life plan. I'm so thankful...I'm so much more than that, but can't find the words for it. Overly grateful. But infertility and loss cause deep, deep wounds and deep wounds have deep scars. Yes, Jesus heals my hurt, He washes me white as snow, but He does not erase my hurt and scars so I can go on living blissfully in la-la land. I went through my particular trial for a reason - both for myself to learn what I was supposed to learn and for someone else down the road that I can hopefully minister to. So how am I supposed to help, encourage, and walk along beside someone if I can't remember the sting?
All this to say....celebrate Mothers Day...holy moly....after the other 364 days of crying, diapers, tantrums and sleepless nights....we get to fluff on one day. But be sensitive, be careful and be praying for those who don't have a Mothers Day card waiting for them at breakfast.
I"ve kept this article for a long time...it is just so good! I encourage you to read it....
http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/tgc/2011/05/06/for-moms-former-moms-and-wannabe-moms/
Saturday, May 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thank you for this reminder Casey. Thankful for our Heavenly Father who gives us these teachable moments to learn from and minister to others no matter what our situation is. Love you friend.
ReplyDelete