This is probably not the best time to be writing about you these days....you are giving mommy and daddy a FIT! But as many frustrating moments as we have, there are an equal amount of precious, sweet moments so that keeps us going day by day! It has only been recently that you turned on us, so we will catch up on things way back before the breakdown :)
When you turned a year, you were behind in alot of developmental areas. You couldn't sit yourself up if you toppled over, couldn't pull up, and couldn't walk. Its hard to believe all of that looking at you now! We fought insurance companies and the state of NC and got you into Therapy with a wonderful therapist who you grew to love. She made you work so hard, but it all paid off! As I write this today (18 months) you are caught up in developmental skills. yea! You were the slowest walker for months...so careful and cautious! But you had to work alot harder to support your ankles and balance than your speedy Gonzalez sister. You do NOT like to climb and get very frustrated when you can't do things the first time. Mommy and Daddy have to push you hard to keep trying things instead of giving up and crying. You eventually do it and learn the skill.
You hold the Best Sleeper award....you also hold the Worst Eater award. Mommy is still convinced something in your little digestive system is not right. You are a joker to figure out. Some days you eat wonderfully, but most days, I'm convinced you are malnourished. Yet you play and sleep through the night just fine. ?? I had a hard time thinking about what your favorite food was b/c I don't even know anymore! Things you used to love you don't eat now. But then I remembered, you eat any fruit on earth (except Banana's) and any cracker. In fact, we now have to hide the crackers / fruit when we eat and wait for you to eat your main course ( or ha, who am I kidding, just stare at it and cry) before we bring out our desperate attempt to get food in you. Mommy almost traded you in a couple of times trying to sippy cup train you. (just kidding honey, not really). I tried the first time simultaneous with Jenna and quickly gave that up. After Jenna took the cup I turned to you and we fought and fought and fought. So I let up thinking it was too early to push on you. I tried a second time a few weeks later and you went 7 days without drinking the two feedings I was giving you a sippy. A week, son!!! So out of concern for your hydration and digestion, I let in again. Then, the day after Christmas, you just reached out and started drinking!!!This is not the first time you have shown you will do what you want, when you want. Now you are so great! I never thought the day would come! You drink, drink, drink out of any cup we have! Hallelujah!
This was the miraculous day:
Like I said, you are my best sleeper. You sleep GREAT both naps, and you sleep soundly through the night. The only time you cry out is when you get stuck in the crib slats or jammed too far in the corner :) I can predict when you will fall asleep pretty easily in the car.
You were made to have a ball in your hands. You come downstairs every morning looking for your "bah" to "tho" (throw). You love your basketball goal and honestly you are very good! Its so funny comparing you to your sister...she doesn't care to catch, kick or shoot the ball in the basket. You, on the other hand look for anything to make a goal. You throw your bath toys in the toy holder, you throw the blocks back in their canvas bin, and you throw your ball into anything you can!
You too, have recently become really enthralled by books. I catch you and your sister flipping through pages of a book all the time now! Any swing is your happy place. It has never failed us...if you need to calm down, no matter the reason, the swing does it. You do not move...you LOVE it!
You definitely follow your big sisters move. Anything she does, you try to do - its pretty cute! Since she doesn't have the joint issues you do, she is able to climb up on things and pull herself up on things alot easier. You get SO frustrated when you can't do what she's doing! In time, buddy, just you wait! In the meantime, you love to share with most everyone....but big Sis knows just how to push your buttons. You do NOT ever share your ball. period. But you happily share with Grandparents, Mom and Dad. So funny!
You are still my Mama's boy! Unlike Jenna, your fine when strangers leave, but if Mommy puts her shoes on or grabs her keys....you are all over that! You enjoy the first 10 minutes of a movie, then you want to go find your ball and throw it :) You come back in and out alot, but would prefer to be a "mobile viewer" unlike your sister who hardly blinks during a movie.
You are sooo stinkin sweet when you want to be! You still give the most hugs and loves. You love to "head hug" and often you will just drop your toy and come running over to hug mommy or daddy.
You and snuggle have a close relationship too. You light up and squeal in the morning when he comes running into the room.
You, too, love the sound of music, but you don't click your tongue or start throwing out dance moves like your sis. You prefer to have it playing in the background as you go about your day. You will stop what you are doing and go over to hit the button on a toy to make it play music again. Your eyes have settled in on a hazel color with a blue rim around the edge...so unique! Your hair is frizzy, curly and rough! I'm so sorry that's the part of your Mama you got. But when you get hot, it curls up on the sides and in the back and it is too.much.to.handle! adorable!
We love you little man!
What a sweet post! Love the picture of him and you :) So precious!
ReplyDeleteyep, based on Caden's skillz he is definitely gonna be the next Stockton or Nash in the NBA. ;)
ReplyDelete