Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sorry...we're still full...

Welcome back to this Sundays edition of "sorry we're full." Thanks for joining us again. I'm not sure who is not doing their part in the "pray for us department." I will have words with you if I find out who you are. KIDDING. Anywho, lets jump right in where we left off.

Monday: More than a sore throat
I wake up and my "defeat it mentally plan" has gone out the window. I am sick. I hardly slept most of the night and woke up feeling like a semi had run over me...a couple of times. It was a loong day taking care of the twins here at the house, I'll just say that. Jenna still has horrible little blisters popping up in between her toes and a couple on her hands. Diaper rash open sores are starting to scab so that is good? I think?

Tuesday: Upper Respiratory Infection
Valentines Day. Nothing more "lovey" than heading to a CVS minute clinic! Tuesday morning I am desperate for relief. I pack the twins up and go to minute clinic where I'm diagnosed with a head cold and upper respiratory infection. I get something for my constant coughing. Another long day with twinsies. We postponed V-day in our household. Ryan was sweet and managed to get out and get me a card and some chocolates. I got nothing....for anyone. :( We decide to split up the twins to keep Caden healthy and let Jenna get the attention she was demanding. Caden heads to my parents, Jenna to Ryan's parents. Hallelujah for willing grandparents! By Tuesday night, I have no voice.

Wednesday: feel like death.
I feel HORRIBLE...this has got to be more than upper respiratory infection. Don't sleep hardly at all. Meds are doing nothing.

Thursday: repeat and add
It's a repeat for me...I have a fever this morning. Ryan wakes up feeling really bad...uh oh. By Thursday night, he has fever and is super sick now too. This is just too awesome! We were going to do nice Valentine Dinner this night...it didn't happen. We both feel like doing nothing. We hear from grandparents...Caden is great...Jenna is getting better...diaper rash just red now...all sores are gone. yea! it IS possible to get better in our house after all!

Friday: ?
I have no words for Friday...we both feel the same except our fevers are gone. Ryan has super sore throat...I might be breaking a rib I'm coughing so much and I haven't breathed out of both sides of my nose in a week!

Saturday: Urgent Care
That's where I spent ALL morning. I basically tell the Doc that I am sick everywhere in the head, sinus, throat, and lung areas...give me something! So she gives me some great antibiotics to treat a sinus infection, bronchitis and upper respiratory infection. Thank You! Ryan feels bad through the day and has a rash on his hands and feet now...what is that? The kids are home with us...Caden is better - Jenna has runny nose and a cough still. Add another showing to this day.

Sunday: Home again
We miss church again. We have 2 showings on this yucky, cold, rainy day. Really!? Ryan thinks he has an ear infection so off to the doc he goes...he comes home with...it is almost funny. (Ryan, I said almost!) Yep...Hand, Foot, Mouth. He got it from Jenna. Never heard of an adult getting it? The past 2 weeks ANYTHING apparently goes here at the Little household. My 30-something year old husband has Hand/Foot/Mouth...he really should stop putting the twins' toys in his mouth and playing with the toys in the church nursery! haaaaa kidding. Poor guy...we really sympathize with Jenna now knowing how much of a nuisance it is! At this point, my white flag is up..whats the use in trying to keep Caden away from it now...he has been exposed multiple times. I, miraculously, feel MUCH better already---just needed that heavenly z-pac to knock this out!

I haven't taken one picture in 2 weeks...haven't cooked that I can remember...haven't done much in 2 weeks either! ugh...i'm ready to be healthy and healed...100% everyone!

So here I am again, another Sunday night wondering what Monday and the week holds?...hopefully this is the last installment of "sorry we're full" series. :)


5 comments:

  1. Yowch! When you said Ryan had a rash on his hands I was going to guess H/F/M. About a year + ago, Derek caught H/F/M from Leiana, so you can tell Ryan he's not alone in the "adult catching a random strain he apparently wasn't exposed to as a kid" category! Poor guy!

    Praying you all get back to 100% this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, Casey! Praying hard for health for you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Casey, Casey, Casey...there are no words. While David and I love praying for you guys we wish this stuff would just go away!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW cuz! I've never heard of an adult getting h/f/m either! All I can say is...... spring and warmer weather is coming and less germs !!!!! Hang on moma! Love & hugs.... and many prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness girl...that is awful!! I have never heard of an adult getting HFM. Maybe his immune system was already taking a hit and made it easier for him to catch. Praying for you guys :(

    ReplyDelete