Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Oh How Pinteresting!

So I'm sure everyone in the world is on the Pinterest Band-Wagon these days...including myself. I had to discipline myself to wait until the kids were down at night to get on Pinterest when I first discovered it! If I opened it while the kids were in here playing I would totally loose track of time (and them!) yikes. So now it is my fun, me-time activity at night. I've done a ton of recipes that are to die for, but here are some of my favorite "crafts" I have attempted all thanks to Pinterest.

I can't wait until we move. Yes, our house is on the market...I dont think I've mentioned that on here. Having 2 kids at a time did a little altering to our plans for this house. :) I have a ton of pins that I'm dying to do but have had to restrain the Pinterest beast from coming out. No more projects here at this house. Ryan and I both love to do home projects, fix-ups and decorating (me) so Pinterest is both the best and worst thing we could have found! :)

This is Ryan's Fathers Day present last year:

Pinterest Version:

Source: etsy.com via Casey on Pinterest



My Version (and yes, I forgot to do my other "big" handprint...haha):


I LOOOOOVE my picture wall...I stare it all the time and now every night when we go to bed, the twins point and want us to stop to go over everyone they see in the pictures. So we go from picture to picture saying "Mama", "DaDa", "Caden", and "Jenna". Prec! It was so easy and cheap to do! I was eyeing the Gallery wall series at Michaels but each frame, on sale, is like $20! This entire wall cost me $20:) I got the frames at goodwill, bought a $5 pack of matching Scrapbook Paper Pad at Walmart and some spraypaint. Voila! I love how I can change out the pictures anytime a I want so easy.

Pinterest Version:


My Version:





And then Pinterest made Christmas so fun! All of the decorations, recipes, gift ideas! I made these head bow holders for my two nieces and a friend. They were fun to customize and add a headband for a fun gift! They are made from formula cans! hello! I'm making one for Jenna now :)

Pinterest Version:

Source: etsy.com via Tiffany on Pinterest



My Version:





3 comments:

  1. So cute! I love Pinterest too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously, one of these days I am going to pay you to complete my pinterest ideas. All I do is copy what I like but never have the guts to actually complete a project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I find that Pinterest is a nice outlet when you're in the process of selling your house (ours isn't on the market, but it will be soon), because I can do project planning via pins without feeling pressure to DO them until we're in our new place. :)

    ReplyDelete