Friday, January 13, 2012

Happy New Year! 2012

We made it down to our beloved Oak Island after a pretty non eventful all day car ride down the coast of NC. We love spending New Years at the beach! We have been blessed with wonderful weather, everyone is in vacation mode and it is always such a relaxing time to reflect on the year past and year coming up. Two years in a row now, Ryan and I have tuckered out around 10pm....blame it on the twins! But I promised Aunt Robin and Uncle Brad that one year coming up soon the twins will be THRILLED To stay up and party with them :)

Gigi got the twins some mini chairs for them to use next summer. We decided to bring them out and give them a try. They were adorable for us to get these pictures...until they both tumbled out head first. Bonk! That fun was over quickly...maybe by the summer they will be ready :)





We had fun playing with some of our new toys we brought along from Christmas. We went outside one day and rode bicycles, walked to the sound, walked on the beach...ahhh I miss it so much just typing about it!





My Aunt had purchased a pair of the Huggies "Santa Diapers" so we were trying to go through those and use them up while it was still relatively close to Christmas. I could eat them in these things! Adorable! For whatever reason, my kids LOVE to crawl, chase each other and play with nothing but a diaper on. So we obliged and let them go crazy!





You KNOW a grandchild has a special place in Papa T's heart if he doesn't have a coronary over them touching.the.walls. oh the horror! haha This is one of, if not THEE top pet peeve of my beloved, quirky Father. We love all of his "peculiars" but the touching the walls hang up is no joking matter! That is FOUR hands all over his clean, barely painted walls :) haha



Another exciting year brought in at our favorite place....can't wait to be back!

2 comments:

  1. I still laugh every time I see the pictures of C & J touching the walls. Papa T sure does love them!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them in their Santa diapers! So cute!

    ReplyDelete