Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Christmas Day!


Christmas Day started our twin-travel-extravaganza...some, or most, may call us crazy, but starting Christmas Day, we were gone on the road for 9 nights. We came home one night for a few hours it seemed and caught up on laundry and repacked for the next leg. I LOVED it! The twins were awesome, kept their nap schedules, traveled well, I was out of the house, had extra arms and help with the twins....pure bliss! But first...Christmas morning...so much fun! We joked how this might be our last year of "sleeping in" with kids in the house. We got up, loved on the twins, then attempted to read the Christmas Story from Luke like Ryan and I always do. They were so good last year and slept in their bouncy seats the entire reading...this year...you can imagine. Still we read on! We talked about how amazing it was that Christ lowered himself to be man. He crawled around just like the twins, he had to learn how to feed himself, pull himself up, communicate...astounding!




Then we went and had a special Christmas breakfast for the twins...waffles with nutella! This was the first time they had my beloved Nutella and it was a hit! Next we opened our presents as a family and enjoyed watching the twins explore and learn how to use their new toys.


That's right kids...learn how to put the ball thru the hoop!

Notice the concentration, notice the increased score....

I'll take responsibility for those big, beautiful eyes!

The story behind this picture is this: the twins did AMAZING not touching the Christmas tree all month. We had 5 minutes of "no touch" teaching the first day we put it up and that was all it took! On Christmas morning, Caden got a little testy..he went and touched the ornament. We told him "no touch" so he went and got the ball and touched the ornament WITH the ball. Are you serious? We already have a thinker on our hands...couldn't help but laugh!


Elefun was a huge hit! It is still the first toy they run to.



My husband gets 5 stars for Christmas this year! He took care of me big time! He (all by himself) picked out the perfect purse I was thinking of, got me some personalized things for the house with the twins AND...is having our blog printed! We are just doing the pregnancy up to their 1-year Birthday Party...i'm already almost crying thinking about it...what a treasure to share with them one day! (little did I know my real favorite gift was coming another day!) Ryan's big gift was his French Press I got him...yuuum coffee!

Then we headed to a drop-in with Nana and Papa since our technical Christmas with them was not until Tuesday. The twins got to open one gift each early and LOOOOVED playing with them!

They loved showing off for Mema and Pape!





Next stop was my Mom's side of the family Christmas. By this time, the twins had slept a little less than usual, we had all overeaten and the night was still young. I"m so proud of the twins though...they did great and loved all of the attention!

This is our attempt at a family shot....might as well call them the out-takes...

Bringing in the Penguin to try to help...not so much.

The Family Shot...only took 2 tries!



By the time we left my Aunts house we could no longer see out of the back of the Pilot. I texted a picture to my friend who is way to pro-minivan :) knowing she would get a kick out of this "i told you so" moment. :) We pushed on though like car-packing champs!


3 comments:

  1. Yay for nutella! I think my kids will eat anything if I just put nutella on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun Christmas day! Loved your packed Pilot too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stories... love all the pictures... I want the picture of the whole family please!

    ReplyDelete