Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Other October Happenings

We had a super fun October so I wanted to document a few other things before December gets here! ha! Maybe one day I will post about our life as things happen instead of recapping the previous 2 months. I also realized I never posted about our Halloween costumes! shame on this mama! I love how busy our Octobers will be from here on out with the twins birthday, Aunt Robin's birthday, fall festivals and gorgeous fall days!

First, before our big Birthday bash, Ryan's Grandfather, Pape, wanted to host a big bash of his own with all of his friends and family while they "could still enjoy it." So party we did! It turned out to be a beautiful, warm day to hang out with family.





Pape and his buddies got out their guitars and jammed for the crowd. It was awesome! The kids loved it!

This is a very serious stare contest of some sort.... hehe :)




We outgrew our baby bath tub...



We played in our fun Halloween PJ's...




Then we had a few scary nights of crazy high fevers. All of a sudden one day after nap time, I picked up Jenna and thought she was on fire! I went over to Caden and he was warm too! Over the next 3 days sweet Jenna's fever got up to 104.5 and Caden was in the 103's. Long scary nights, but ultimately, they ate fine, slept fine, and just acted lethargic. The Doc said it was probably a virus going around...


We went to the local Pumpkin Patch where the kids wanting nothing of it. They had just gone through 4 days of very high fevers...on this day, it was a mere 99.5 so we headed out! Turns out they had Roseola...of course we didn't know that at the time because the next day the lovely rash popped up out of no-where. Aa-hah!No wonder they were so cranky and afraid of the giant pumpkin! :)

Jenna is not feeling the big scary corn stalk...


Come on Kiddo's! Just one picture, please!







Then we went to the Fall Festival at our church. The twins were a bit young to participate this year but they had a blast watching all of the other kids walk around in their costumes and playing with their buddies. Introducing my biased opinion, the two cutest Pea's in a Pod EVER!


I taught Jenna from an early age how we dislike spiders in this household. She was very confused by this handsome, friendly spider :)





And THEN, Halloween night was a wash out here so we couldn't make our fun visits to neighbors and such but we did squeeze in time for three surprise Trick or Treat visits. First we went to Grammie Kathy and Papa Peter's house. Caden was in a mood and a half there not cooperating! Jenna found a sparkly pumpkin so she was happy and content.


And then we headed to Gigi and Papa T's house and played with their trick or treat candy. So fun!

And our last stop was to Nana and Papa's house. We had fun making our surprise visits to show off our costumes! I was telling Ryan that twins have to be "peas in a pod" at some point in their life, right? Might as well do it when they can't say no :)

Whew! What a fun month...now on to more present happenings like Christmas Tree's, ornaments and lights!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Loved your Oct/Nov updates! Fun, fun stuff (except the Roseola!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you hate that "its just a virus" diagnosis? I mean you're definitely grateful, but still...

    We went to that pumpkin patch too! But that day it was so windy she didn't have the inflatable pumpkin blown up :(

    ReplyDelete