1- Ryan left for a week Missions Trip to Peru, SA. We went together last year and knew immediately that we would be going back...Lord willing. My circumstances changed a bit for which I'm soooo thankful, but that meant a week at home by myself. NO Bueno. I tried to stay busy with an outing or project each night, but by Thursday night I was done and ready to have my hubby home! Timing was crazy b/c our carpet was going to be replaced as soon as he got back. So I have amazing parents, sister and future bro-in-law who came over and took everything out of our upstairs and crammed it in a bathroom or downstairs so Ryan wouldn't have to do in 2 nights when he got home :) It made living very interesting in our house that was upside down for a week, but we made it. I can't tell you how many times I thought I had tipped over our TV with my belly during midnight trips to the bathroom...I was glad to see that thing go!
Also, we had a good friend of ours come over and do some house stuff that was mounting up - thank the Lord for awesome friends who know how to fix / build things! We switched the blinds in the rooms upstairs so the nursery has white blinds, we repainted the curtain rod, rehung the curtain rod, did some stuff in the kitchen and started painting some of the baby furniture that has been passed down to us.
2- I had a check up during the week Ryan was gone...everything with me was perfect, I passed my early glucose (yea! Thank you for praying!!!!), and the babies are both head down! yea! stay that way! However, my doctor threw down the gauntlet and wrote me the dreaded note. She wants me on "couch rest" indefinitely to make me slow down and stay pregnant as long as I can. Even though I knew in my mind it was coming, I didn't like it. It made it tough since Ryan wasn't home to talk about it with me either. So I put in my paper work and am now on Medical Leave from work. I cried and cried - I dont know why, but it made me sad to leave my job earlier than I thought. I'm allowed an "outing" a day with the understanding that I have to more than make up for it with me feet up on the couch / bed.
2- Ryan came home from Peru... YEA! and brought a friend. Some horrible 24 hour bug of some kind. So his first day home and we were still apart! ugh. I stayed as far as away as I could until he seemed to be better. Our awesome mentor couple from church came over and disinfected my whole house after Ryan went back to work so I wouldn't catch it...thank the Lord for people with servants' hearts!
3- The Tuesday night after Ryan got back ,we packed up and went to the Lake with Ryan's family for our annual vacation. Shhh, docs dont know about this either, but if I can rest on the couch in Raleigh, surely I can do the same thing in Virginia ? :) it was nice to get away and spend time with the family...they made sure I didn't over do it so all was well. I ventured down to the dock twice and sat under the shade and watched everyone have a good time. I also spent most of the week trying to close out projects for work since I thought I had 2 months to go! I didn't take a single picture at the lake...what in the world! We had a good time trying to imagine our Lake vaca next year with the twins...what an adventure its going to be!
Here is the 26 week belly shot! It has "shot" out if you ask me....definitely slowing me down alot. I love love love watching my stomach move in the morning and at night...it never gets old. So thankful for these babies!
I think that is it for now...although there are rumblings that the cribs may be set up this week! Mother Hen is ready with sheets washed and ironed... :)
You look great! Just consider this couch time a rest before they come!
ReplyDelete