Here is a glimpse in to our lately:
Last weekend (5-7th): we make our way back to Ohio from our marvelous trip in NC....always sad, but I did great this time! The next few months are filled with family visits, my favorite holidays, seeing my kids experience holidays and traditions and the birth of my little surprise miracle. Ready.Set.Go.
Monday morning: waltz into my 34 week appointment and start it off with a bang! The scale says I've gained 9 lbs in 2 weeks.....ummmm scuse me? Yes, I enjoyed my southern vacation and home cooked meals, but not 9 lbs worth...nope no way. In fact, now that I think of it, one night in NC, I told my parents my hands and feet had blown up! I even went so far as to go to the Rite Aid and check my blood pressure in the machine thing. It all seemed ok so I went on thinking it was the lovely NC heat. Well, they check my BP and tell me to go lie down on my left side in the exam room. Apparently it was quite high. Anyway, the doctor comes in saying my other labs have come back bad too so she is sending me to get a work up of other labs to rule out PreEclampsia. WHAT? Not cool. At least those 9 lbs are mostly fluid and not extra Casey. But I leave thinking it's all ok and we will just role with these punches too. Besides...when is the last time ANYTHING with Easton was not a surprise? :)
Thursday: I send Ryan out to do some grocery shopping for our guests coming in (my sister and brother in law!!!) He comes home hours later...never made it to the grocery store. Ryan witnessed a car accident where two teenagers were hit crossing the street. He was one of the FEW (what is WRONG with people these days????) that stopped to help. The young girl he went to go help died on the scene. Understandably, he came home and had a tough time shaking the events of the evening.
Friday: Day of Doom I have dreaded since I found out I was pregnant with twins....not Easton....the twins. I always thought that with the demands of twins, I would have to giveaway my firstborn, my dog Snuggle. But my parents stepped in and did waaay too much keeping Snuggle for a YEAR at their house while we figured out life with two kids all of a sudden. Snuggle did so great with the twins I thought we had made it! Then he had a spell around Christmas where he acted out a bit into some bad marking habits. Then we moved up here to Ohio and I could barely get off the couch during my pregnancy sickness...anyway, the amount of time I could give to Snuggle went into the negatives. I forgot if I had fed him, let him out, many times I forgot I let him out and therefore didn't remember to go let him back in! He continued to be the best dog I could have asked for with the twins...they LOVED him and he let them show that love in very rough ways :) However, he got to the point that anytime I was dealing with the twins and not showing attention to him...he would go act out in aggression and pee on something. It was really like having 3 kids in diapers...pee.all.the.time! Anyway, more on that later, but this day was the day the Foster family we found for him was ready to pick him up. I wept like I haven't done in a long time off and on all night. In fact, I think I'll move on from this topic now.
Earlier in the day, my doctor called back with my labs...across the board not good. The sum is that my kidneys aren't working properly anymore. This could be tied to my kidney infection/stone incident earlier or it couldn't. Helps alot, doesn't it :) I was 60 "points" away from being diagnosed with full blown PreEclempsia and being hospitalized. If it continued to climb, they would induce and take Easton. My orders were to take it easy for the weekend. What a great day! I cried over this too - overwhelmed with the task of taking care of my kids outside the womb while needing to rest and "take it easy" to take care of my kid still inside the womb. ugh.....all of a sudden, I'm not doing so great again up here away from countless willing friends and family.
Saturday - Monday: My sister and brother in law fly in! Divinely, they made arrangements back in the summer to come this weekend. It was perfect: they played and watched the twins so I could rest and put my swollen feet up. We had a wonderful weekend playing, giggling, eating, and being together. Caden breaks out in hives off and on all weekend - we still can't figure out what he may have come into contact with or what we have done differently around here lately. ugh.
Monday: I go in for my BP check. I have to go in twice a week now so they can keep an eye on things. Thank the LORD - it is down to an "ok" level. Still higher than it ever was with the twins (!?!) but not on-the-way-to-the-hospital high. I get to stay on the twice a week schedule for now. whew! So Aunt Robin, Uncle Brad and Ryan get an A+ in keeping Casey pregnant another week. Monday night: Jenna throws up 4 times...all over our carpet and Ryan.
Now it is Tuesday: Jenna threw up again this morning. The carpet still smells like throw up (yes, we cleaned it up last night) and I have changed 6 very disgusting runny diapers as of lunch time.
And that was our weekend. We will appreciate your prayers on any topic listed above. Aren't we nice like that? Providing multiple areas of prayer for you? giggle, giggle. :) Anyway, here are some pictures from Aunt Robin and Uncle Brad's save-the-day visit:
| Watching some Thomas the Train....shirts vs skins style. |
| We went back to the Childrens Science museum, Cosi, where they were having a huge Lego attraction. The kids could build things with jumbo sized legos. |
| We went to a local farm / pumpkin patch and enjoyed some pumpkin doughnuts and apple cider. And yes, it was freezing cold! |
| I forgot how much I LOVE him in a hat. Adorable. |
Oh wow! Lots going on! Will definitely be keeping y'all in our prayers!
ReplyDeleteMy mom had pre-eclampsia with my brother Evan - and had to have a C-section six weeks early as a result - BUT he turned out totally fine despite that!
Praying for all 5 of you. Love you guys lots!
ReplyDeletePraying for you Casey! Sure wish I was closer to help!
ReplyDeleteoh Casey, Casey, Casey...you failed to mention some of these details the other day. I am so sorry. Praying for you my dear friend.
ReplyDeleteI love reading here about your life and these little ones....praying that the next update about life is a bit more calm, especially as baby E gets closer to making his appearance!
ReplyDelete