Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Catching Up

Since I had to relearn my password and way around Blogger to type my Father's Day Bomb post, I figured I would give this blog thing another try. So, in a desperate attempt to catch up, try to keep up here. This is a highlight post with mostly pictures, so it will be bearable. :)

 
I FINALLY took Caden to get his prize for night training. Remember, he trained day and night in a weekend back in ...gulp, January.

From the first moment I mentioned "any toy you want" he consistently said "Diesel 10." Like a kid in a candy shop looking at all of the trains. Made my heart smile!

This is the picture I took 2 days after Easton was finally prescribed a high power antibiotic after being sick for 3 months. Four doctor appointments and three different doctors later, a (lady) doctor finally agreed with my momstincts that something was not right and diagnosed him with a sinus infection. After three months of canceling play dates, missing church, fine one day, snotty mess the next, he was totally better almost instantly with this antibiotic. No more dirty looks at church even though I had multiple doctors tell me he was perfectly healthy. ick, ick. moving on... Finally back to my Easton!

Just a favorite because I'm that kind of mom. Laughing hysterically at Jenna's drama fall.

We got to see everyone on Ryans' dad side of the family for Pape's 90th birthday. A very fun weekend!

The twins face when we told them Gigi had bought Frozen for them to watch.

 
We LOVE our neighborhood and we love our street. The older neighborhood kids are so great with our little ones who want to keep up. Here is Caden and Jenna schooling them in some hoops.
We went on our first beach trip right before Easter. It was cold and rainy so we hid eggs under the beach house and bundled up for some beach time. Love this shot of my big little guy.

Speaking of big, little guys....he instantly turned into a toddler....like in one day.


As messed up as this boys ankles were/ still are, he sure can jump. He cries later that night because his "yegs" hurt, but he sure does have a fun time in the moment!

We are no longer Farm Days newbies. We had an awesome time with Nana and Papa and learned what not to do for next year. (and if someone from Farm Days ever reads this...for the love, set up like 25 baby chick stands. I know you can find that many. It is a little kids dream to hold one of those furballs, but you make it a mama's nightmare when we have to break the news that we can't stand in line for hours.)

I took the kids to our neighborhood spring festival. I'm not sure what Caden is doing to Mr.Bunny. It was all fun and games until it came time for the under-five group to run out and collect easter eggs in the grass. The organizers must have thrown out exactly 22 eggs because in 2.2 seconds, there were none to be found. Many poor kid (mine included) came walking back blank-faced with empty baskets. Good thing we had Aunt Alice's house (read:plethora of eggs) to go to next!

Ryan went to France again so I had to keep myself busy at nights again....


Good news is that he likes it! whew.

This is a really old hobby horse-mine or my sisters- that came out of the attic cobwebs to Gigi and Papa T's house. Jenna rides it fearlessly. Caden as expected, very cautiously and respectfully.

We took the twins to the circus because I won free tickets. That's probably the only way we will ever go back...if it is free again. Hello, dark, smelly, shady characters, "family" event.

My little Easter darlings

We immensely enjoyed our first Spring in the house. I was constantly reminded how blessed we are. So very thankful.
 
The spring also brought this friend. He got away from me 3 times. Since then, I have seen his smaller counterpart numerous times and just recently, a baby snake skin. oops.

 
 I think that brings us to May. Not too bad, eh?
 

1 comment:

  1. My kids STILL talk about the snake in your pond. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete