Tuesday, August 7, 2012

To the South=To the Beach!!...week 2!

Our second week in NC was just as lovely as the first....maybe even more because it included: THE BEACH! This is going to be like the 2nd summer of.my.life. that I have been to the beach once. The other was the summer I was pregnant with the twins. Anyway, we had an incredible time. But first, back at Papa T and Gigi's we worked on our balance on Papa T and Uncle Brad. As you can see, Caden preferred the surfer approach (which we were very surprised considering the troubles his ankles have given him!) and Jenna preferred the ride-the-horse approach. 




I also got to see a group of girlfriends I love dearly! We went to one of our favorite summer activities: Beach Music at North Hills. And...because there always has to be a story...who cards a huge pregnant girl and makes her wear a BudLight bracelet so she can go up to the Booze tent? I thought about going up and asking for one to see if that guy from "What would YOU do" popped out from behind the tent, but settled for a picture and some scissors :)


And then off to the beach for a week!!!!We were supposed to come down in shifts over Monday and Tuesday, but a horrible storm hit Ohio and knocked out all of the power in our town up here over that weekend. So Ryan went Fri - Sun with no power (not a happy camper!) then found out his work site was a mess and was going to be without power for Mon & Tues too so he hopped on an early plane and joined us early! yea!!!!! The kids and mommy were so happy to see him! Jenna didn't want to let go of his hand......precious! (and yes, Ryan is jammed in back of the pilot with all of our luggage - maybe this is why he is so pro-minivan? wink wink)




We were getting ready for our activities and fun at the beach when Caden fell ill with the stomach bug. ewwwww. I know he was sick b/c he NEVER sits still longer than 10 or so minutes and certainly does NOT sleep on anyone's shoulder. Caden is the kind that wants his bed when its time to nap! Poor baby...he was pitiful.


And of course, this kid would rather cuddle with a ball than a binkie, blanket or paci. This boy loves a ball!!!!


So, while we were keeping Caden comforted, that meant Jenna got some fun one-on-one time with everyone else. She went to the park and mastered the slide, had fun gym aerobics with Aunt Robin and got to see the giant turtle on the side of the road! She was not a fan of sitting on him. :)



After 24 hours, we were all mostly on the mend and ready to hit the beach! I can't tell you how happy it made this mama's heart to see her kids love the beach! They were not afraid of the sand, sound etc... They LOVED playing in the sand and just running free! It took a few minutes of sitting in mom and dad's lap in the water, then they enjoyed "kicking" and "jumping" over the waves.

The twins loved their big boy and girl chairs and I loved looking at them in their little coordinating swimsuits! Heart melted!







We enjoyed the beach some more then it was 4th of July! There is ONE place I want to be on the entire earth on July 4th - Southport! We took the twins to eat and run and play then my parents took them home for bed before the fireworks...maybe in a year or two we can watch fireworks as a family...oh wait, we will have another little one by next summer...maybe not. ha!

Loved watching those little red,white and blue twins run around! Papa T, Robin, Brad and Ryan took run around duty so I could sit down!

LOOOVE this little boy!


One of my favorite pics of Jenna Girl!

Papa T teaching Caden to appreciate the old tree's. Caden obviously very interested expressing: "whoaaaa!"




Gotta love what NC humidity does to Caden's curly hair!

Then we awoke to the next victim of the stomach bug....sweet Jenna girl. If you think Caden doesn't snuggle or sleep while holding him....Jenna is 10 times worse. I haven't seen Jenna like this since she had Roseola..and that was the middle of the night so for her to be like this during the day was heart breaking! 





We filled the rest of the week with videos with Papa T, more beach time, playing in the park for 30 minutes and getting DRENCHED in sweat, eating watermelon and getting spoiled rotten!



Quick side note about our time on the beach....I am in love with my new beach bag from Saltwater Canvas...its appropriately called the "Whale Bag" and I got the suggestion from my fellow mom of twins, Tara. It holds anything you need folks! Yes, it's big...but it's ONE bag! Yes please with two, soon to be three Little's.


Ahhh the beach. I miss you!





2 comments:

  1. Yay for Saltwater Canvas bags! I love mine too and am so glad that you got one! I'm sorry to hear about the stomach bug but thankful that it passed quickly and you all still had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I just say that Thirty-One has HUGE bags too cousin! Next time, I want to see your commercial for a large 31 tote! :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete