Thursday, September 8, 2011

10 months



So this is why you don't procrastinate on writing monthly posts...you forget what they did! It doesn't help that since the day they turned 10 months...they have taken off in new developments! I'm going to have to rely on pictures to remember what they did the month leading up to turning 10 months old. eek!


So...during this month the twins really hit a great rhythm. They are sleeping consistently through the night...we are not getting up once! Heavenly! They have also fallen into a GREAT nap routine. All of this equals really fun days and lots of outings since we are scheduled like clockwork! We attempted our 10 month shots outside since it was such a beautiful day. Well, you learn as you go...way to much going on outside to get good shots. Me and Ryan were covered in sweat by the time we packed up and went inside. But ...we got some cute shots :)




And now for some Out-takes:

Jenna says "ooo look, grass!"
There goes an airplane...

Say WhAAAAT? Holla back now...
Measurements:
No scheduled (or non-scheduled) visits to the Doctor (yea for healthy babies!) so we have no new weight or height measurements.

Food:
We are still eating mama's homemade food and Gerber jars when we are out and about. We started meats and pasta's and for the longest time they hated the chunks of pasta! But as they got used to it, they now LOVE spaghetti and lasagna! They still get 4 bottles a day that range in 3 oz to 6 oz. I know that sounds strange but it is because of my dear sweet C-man. It is a guessing game as to how much he will drink any given feeding. Sometimes, he tanks all 6 oz! Sometimes, he struggles to take 3. But he is always content to the next feeding...he is just very sure of when he is done! In fact, some nights he only drinks 1 oz yet he sleeps all night and doesn't wake up early!? So strange, kid! We have mastered the Puffs and we looooove Cheerios! Mama loves that we are eating Cheerios's b/c I can pack some in my bag and sneak some to them when we are pushing our limits out and about or when we go out to eat...they can munch on something while the adults eat too! Jenna still holds her bottle like a champ for mommy while Caden still needs assistance. Towards the end of this month...mama has had enough and decides it is time to be big boy. Stay tuned to the 11 month post to see how it worked out ;)

Sleeping:
I can best describe this as "clockwork." Given no outside variables (over tired, on vacation etc...) they are so predictable, it is great! I can get so much done now around the house! They take a solid 1.5 hour nap in the morning...2 hours probably once or twice a week! And another 1.5 hour nap in the afternoon. They are fed, burped, sometimes cuddled and in bed by 7:30 pm each night. I hear someone starting to talk and play between 7 and 7:30 each morning...but I do not get them up until 8 am. Thank you, Sweet Jesus! When we are traveling or got a little off schedule, then they might take only an hour nap in morning / afternoon...but I can handle that!

Miscellaneous:
Caden caught up in the tooth department this month and cut his 2nd tooth. Now the twins both have the front two bottom teeth...and that is it. No new teeth at all!Jenna continues to get up on all four's and does the shuffle...but no forward movement yet!
"Yes? May I help you?"

They are both getting better at standing in the walker instead of just pushing backwards.


We went outside alot this month (July/August). We introduced the twins to Goodberry's...YUM!, the swings and sitting outside on the back porch. Caden LOVED eating some of mommy's Mint Chocolate Chip Concrete :)





As you saw in an earlier post...they are loving bath time now! And everyone gets wet!


When I said we were like clockwork earlier...I mean in many different ways! Sleeping, eating, and...poop! I can tell you when each twin will have a dirty diaper each day. Caden has 3 consistently the same time each day, Jenna has 1 at the same time and about 50% of the time one more. Hilarious!

Jenna in her "daisy dukes" shorts inspired by her friend, Kailyn :)

Caden with a photo bomb by Snuggle



So YES! Based on the picture above...Snuggle is home again! It was way overdue time for us to bring the Snug back home. My parents went WAAYYY above the call of duty and kept him for a year while we adjusted to the twins. So far, I'm happy to report that snuggle is doing fantastic! He loves the twins and sits right next to them at all times they are awake. When they wake up from nap or in the morning...he runs and sits outside of the nursery door until we go get them. We have had to work on distinguishing his toys vs the twins toys, but that will come. The twins are fascinated by him and love to watch him do laps, scratch, and cough up hair balls! We are so glad to have everyone back together.
The twins' Birthday shopping and Christmas shopping are already done! We all but stole awesome stuff for them at the Twin Sale in August. I can't believe we are one month closer to them being a year old! I've decided on our theme and have unsuccessfully tried to calm myself down in the planning. Out.of.Control! But it will be a blast :)

In closing, I found this picture when I was looking through the computer today. UNCANNY how much they look alike!!!!!



Another great month with my sweeties! Love you C and J!



4 comments:

  1. What a great update!!! Happy 10 months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet babies! They are my inspiration these days! Keep posting! We love keeping up with the blog! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading the update! Precious precious babies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful outdoor 10 month photos. It is amazing how much more hair J has than C. And just for the record Kailyn does not own a pair of daisy duke shorts. You were clearly mistaken since you had not seen the actual shorts on. :) So she is not a bad influence on Jenna!

    ReplyDelete